Monday, April 28, 2014

Dignity and a birthday wish

Two blogs in two days--go me! I have another two cards to show off today, both using Unity stamps! The first one was a random card I made for a friend who has gone through some difficult times this past year; when people are on my mind, I like to reach out and let them know I'm thinking of them. I used this lovely sentiment from the November 2013 Strength & Dignity KOTM:


This was the first gatefold card I've made and somehow, magically, the patterned layer was guesstimated and came out perfectly. I used the "you're on my mind" sentiment from the same KOTM on the inside.


The second card is one I (sort of lazily) just whipped up for a coworker whose birthday was this weekend. I say lazily because I wanted to do more layers, but I had a lot of cooking to do tonight and wanted to get this card wrapped up quickly. I still like how it came out!


That jumbo birthday sentiment is from the Here's My Thought August 2013 sentiment kit. This is the first time I've used this kit; I used a raspberry-colored pigment ink and it came out so smooth and bold. Notice the little Queen and Co. bubble dotting the i in big; that's my favorite part. :)

I just noticed I used the same Spellbinders on each of these cards, labels four--how about that. It is a pretty versatile shape! That's it for today; as always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my creations! :)





2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really warms my heart! I read each and every comment and I will always respond when I can. I appreciate you!