Thursday, May 1, 2014

A post-Easter card!

A quickie blog post; I wanted to show off the Easter card I made for my mother this year. It's definitely a simple card, but I had fun coloring in the eggs and flowers! I used colored pencils, as well as some Liquid Pearls and Stampin' Up! Dazzling Details to highlight the decorations on the eggs...


If you look closely, you can see the raised pearl dots on the far left egg; Liquid Pearls are so cool! I love the pop of orange from the patterned paper! I added the bow as an afterthought and I think it added the perfect extra touch that brought the entire card together. I used the Pretty Easter Find stamp from Unity.

Short and sweet for today. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina! What a darling card! You asked me a question about watercolor paper - and I wasn't sure how else to make sure you received my answer! The only super pure white watercolor paper I have seen is the Tim Holtz/Ranger watercolor paper. I use that when I want a brighter white, and my other when I don't mind the slightly off white tone. Hope that helps!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really warms my heart! I read each and every comment and I will always respond when I can. I appreciate you!