Monday, August 25, 2014

A Christmas Card for the Cutting Edge Blog Hop!




Hey hey hey! I've got a quick CAS Christmas card for you as part of the Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop! This is a very simple one, but I love how it came out! Take a look:




I am in love with the clean white and bright red. I used the Mama Elephant Dainty Bow Creative Cut die--isn't it adorable?! The bow is so easy to assemble and is such a cute little size. I should also mention a "behind the scenes/workhorse" type die I used here, and in most of my cards, are the Spellbinders A-2 Matting Basics sets. They're just the best die investment I've ever made and they help me keep my sanity by spacing my layers perfectly for me! :)

That pretty red is Real Red and stamp set is Wishing You, both from Stampin Up!

I wanted something simple, clean and a little "masculine." By leaving the cutesy tails off the bows, they almost look like little red bow ties. This will probably be a Christmas card for my manager, with just the right amount of cheer without being glittery or glitzy! Check out the inside sentiment:




I love the tiny present! Again, see that wonderful, perfect layering...yeah, I love those Spellbinders dies. :)

That's it for tonight; thanks for stopping by and make sure you hit some other creations on the hop!




14 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!! Love all those little cute red bows!! What a festive holiday card!! I'm sure your manager will love it! I know I would squeal if I received it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, I second-guessed myself with the bows, but maybe I made the right choice after all! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Cute card. I like clean and simple. Nice job. Thanks for the info about the Spellbinder Dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia! Thanks; those Spellbinders are a MUST HAVE! I have both the A & B sets--worth every penny when it comes to the stress of making layers.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable with those cute bows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love, Rosemary! :)

      Delete
  5. Very festive with all the red bows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really warms my heart! I read each and every comment and I will always respond when I can. I appreciate you!