Thursday, July 10, 2014

Growing in Unity: Day Four!

Good morning! Wow, this week is going by so quickly, I'm kind of sad it's already Thursday. On the up side, another day means another GIU project for y'all to see! Today, I've got a pretty, soft colored card made with the May 2014 Hey Girl Kit of the Month.




This is one of my favorites right now! I always wonder how to use floral stamps and I'm generally scared about layering stamps, but this one came out pretty decent if I say so myself. ;) I absolutely love my Unity KOTM subscription; there's always something I love and can't wait to use and something I wouldn't have normally purchased on its own. This quote and these flowers are perfect examples!

I used the gorgeously shimmery Tsukineko Brilliance DewDrop in Pearlescent Purple and a piece of cardstock from the Anna Griffin Metallic Card Layers Kit, matched with a piece of pleated Stampin' Up! ribbon in Blushing Bride. The pearlescent effect from the ink and cardstock are so pretty with the smooth, satiny ribbon at the bottom. Here's a better look at the shimmer:




I am so proud of how this one came out...and now I don't want to give it away! :) Another reminder that every comment you leave on my GIU posts this week is an entry to win two Unity Stamp Co itty bittys--yippee! And don't forget to like my Facebook fan page if you're so inclined and want to be in on a crafty giveaway I'll be doing later this month. ;)

Thanks again for swinging by my little blog; see y'all tomorrow for my last GIU day! <3




18 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers and trim. Pretty shimmer in this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really pretty! I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely in every way!! That shimmer is gorgeous!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and the pleated ribbon is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it is one of your favorites! Beautiful card, love the shimmery ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, like the
    colors you used and
    the embossing.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty card... love that shimmer! Beautiful flower stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card. Love the colors that you framed your image with. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card... love the flower stamp..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card. Love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice- love the pleated ribbon at the bottom and the flowers look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Lovely kit that one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job layering those stamps, and I love that shimmery purple ink! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really warms my heart! I read each and every comment and I will always respond when I can. I appreciate you!